Riverdale Primary School
Riverdale Primary School is a proud member of the Ironstone Academy Trust located on Hambleton Avenue, Redcar. At Riverdale Primary we strive to develop children’s perseverance and resilience alongside open-mindedness, respect and responsibility.
We aim to do this by;
- Providing a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which everyone can learn with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Encouraging a caring and respectful attitude towards each other.
- Ensuring all children experience a challenging, appropriate curriculum, which meets their needs.
- Using teaching methods and strategies, which engage and challenge children’s thinking.
- Providing activities, which encourage children to develop lively and enquiring minds capable of independent thought.
- Providing appropriate physical challenges both in and out of school, and encouraging all the children to be aware of the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- Fostering a creative, aesthetic and spiritual awareness.
- Challenging stereotypical views
- Recognising failure and mistakes are part of improving and learning.
- Sharing an enthusiasm for life long learning and enjoyment of school life.