English and Maths Transition Workshop Programme
KS2 / 3 English Transition Workshops
What are the KS2 / 3 English Transition Workshops?
With frequent changes and ever-evolving pressures at KS2, it isn’t always possible (or realistic) to ‘plan ahead’ to the next stage of learning. These workshops will offer ideas for teaching in KS2 and practical steps towards the KS3 curriculum which can be implemented easily and which will help to achieve a smoother transition in reading and writing for all learners – with a greater challenge for the most able.
Who are the KS2 / 3 English Transition Workshops for?
Workshops are suitable for primary trainees and teachers who are keen to develop their teaching at upper KS2 and understanding of English at KS3 and who wish to provide extra challenge and preparation for their KS2 learners.
The programme will enable participants to:
- Enhance confidence and learner performance at KS2
- Give KS2 learners a ‘head start’
- Develop new ideas and approaches
- Embed essential skills and knowledge
- Share ideas and inspiration
- Understand the expectations at KS3